Sluggish Cooker Orange Rooster — The best orange hen ever as a result of your sluggish cooker does all of the work!! Tremendous juicy, tender, and coated with a sweet-yet-tangy orange glaze that’s irresistible!!
Simple Sluggish Cooker Orange Rooster Recipe
Once I requested on Facebook what sort of recipes you need to see, I used to be overwhelmed with sluggish cooker responses. So sluggish cooker orange hen it’s right this moment with extra sluggish cooker recipes within the upcoming weeks. Ensure you’re following me on Facebook and chime in.
That is the simplest orange hen recipe ever and there’s no breading, browning, or frying concerned. Your slow cooker does all of the give you the results you want. The hen is so tender, juicy, and layered with complementary flavors from the orange marmalade, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and inexperienced onions.
It jogs my memory of Panda Categorical Chinese language Orange Rooster besides with this copycat recipe, there’s no frying.
Together with rice and steamed broccoli and peapods, my household beloved this meal and it couldn’t be any simpler for me. I used a sluggish cooker liner and cleanup was as simple as tossing the liner.
There’s loads of cooking sauce leftover within the backside of the sluggish cooker, which I spoon generously over the hen, rice, and veggies. I really like the sweet-and-tangy, savory taste and don’t let a drop go to waste.
What’s in Sluggish Cooker Orange Rooster?
To make this orange hen recipe with orange marmalade, you’ll want:
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless hen breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Orange marmelade
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Floor ginger
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds
- Inexperienced onions
- Orange slices (elective)
Tips on how to Make Sluggish Cooker Orange Rooster
Drizzle the underside of your sluggish cooker with olive oil. Then, place the diced hen, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a zip-top bag and shake to coat. Place hen in sluggish cooker.
Subsequent, add the remaining components to the sluggish cooker and gently stir the hen to coat it evenly within the sauce.
Cook dinner coated on excessive for about 2 hours or on low for about Four hours. If cooking on excessive, begin checking at 90 minutes and if cooking on low, begin checking at three hours. All sluggish cookers differ, so simply prepare dinner till hen is completed (reaches 165F on an immediate learn thermometer).
I like serving my CrockPot orange hen over rice garnished with chopped inexperienced onion and sesame seeds.
Can I Make Orange Rooster With out a Sluggish Cooker?
I haven’t made this recipe with no sluggish cooker, so I can’t give specifics about easy methods to tweak it if you happen to don’t personal one. I’ve different hen recipes listed within the Associated Recipes under which you can strive till you can also make this with a sluggish cooker.
Can I Add Veggies to the Orange Rooster?
I’ve solely made this recipe as written, however a number of readers have reported success with including chopped greens to the sluggish cooker within the final 30 or so minutes of cooking. Mess around with it and see what works for you!
Ideas for Making Sluggish Cooker Orange Rooster
Some readers have requested if they will use sugar-free orange marmalade on this simple orange hen recipe. I’ve solely made this recipe utilizing common orange marmalade (i.e. full sugar), so I can’t converse to how the sugar-free type will prepare dinner down within the sauce and if it’s going to have an effect on the general taste of the dish.
I’ve solely made this orange marmalade hen recipe utilizing hen breasts, however I’m certain you may get away with boneless skinless hen thighs as a substitute. Simply make sure you cube them into even-sized items so the hen cooks by way of evenly.
When you’ve got a sesame allergy, you’re welcome to make use of further olive oil within the orange hen sauce as a substitute of sesame oil. And skip the sesame seed garnish.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 2 hours
Whole Time 2 hours 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 half to 2 kilos boneless skinless hen breasts, lower into 1-inch items
- 1/three cup cornstarch
- half teaspoon salt, or to style
- half teaspoon pepper, or to style
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/Four cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- half to 1 teaspoon floor ginger, or to style
- half teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, flippantly toasted if desired (add to a dry skillet and prepare dinner over medium warmth for about 30 seconds or till aromatic)
- 2 tablespoons inexperienced onions, sliced skinny for garnishing
- orange slices, elective for garnishing
- Line a three to 6-quart slow cooker with a liner if utilizing one. I want to make use of liners for straightforward cleanup.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over backside of the liner or sluggish cooker.
- To a big, gallon-sized ziptop plastic bag, add the hen, cornstarch, salt, pepper, seal bag, and toss to coat hen evenly. Add hen to sluggish cooker, evenly distributed; put aside.
- To a 2-cup measuring cup or medium bowl, add the orange marmalade, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, ginger (I want 1 teaspoon however some individuals are delicate to ginger), garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir to mix.
- Pour combination over the hen, utilizing a spoon to distribute the sauce as mandatory, ensuring all items are coated.
- Cook dinner coated on excessive for about 2 hours or on low for about Four hours. If cooking on excessive, begin checking at 90 minutes and if cooking on low, begin checking at three hours. All sluggish cookers differ so prepare dinner till hen is completed (reaches 165F on an immediate learn thermometer).
- Add hen to a plate with as a lot further cooking sauce spooned excessive as desired, garnish with sesame seeds, inexperienced onions, elective orange wedges, and serve instantly.
Rooster is finest heat and recent however will preserve hermetic within the fridge for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for as much as three months.
Quantity Per Serving:
Whole Fats: 18g
Saturated Fats: 4g
Trans Fats: 0g
Unsaturated Fats: 13g
Ldl cholesterol: 193mg
Internet Carbohydrates: 0g
Sugar Alcohols: 0g
Diet info isn’t at all times correct as a result of it is computer-generated. In my view, the values are very elevated since you do not use each drop of sauce which incorporates marmalade (excessive sugar) and soy sauce (excessive sodium). There might be unconsumed sauce however the calculations bear in mind if you happen to have been consuming each drop.
Extra Simple Rooster Dinner Recipes:
Healthier Orange Chicken – Cease calling for takeout or going to the mall meals courtroom and make this HEALTHIER orange hen at dwelling in lower than 10 minutes!! EASY, genuine, and so INCREDIBLE that you just’ll by no means miss the fats and energy!!
One-Skillet Orange Chicken with Vegetables — Simple, prepared in 15 minutes, wholesome (no breading, no frying), and the orange taste simply pops! Excellent for busy weeknights, a household favourite, and also you’ll make this again and again!
Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad – Massive juicy hen chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Quick, simple, recent and wholesome! Nice for picnics, potlucks, and simple dinners!
Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta – Juicy hen coated in teriyaki sauce with crisp, crunchy veggies! Wholesome, simple, 20 minute meal that’s excellent for busy weeknights!
15-Minute Orange Chili Chicken and Broccoli – The orange chili sauce is spicy, tangy, and candy multi functional!! The PERFECT sauce to jazz up hen and broccoli! A FAST and EASY dinner with nice Asian FLAVOR!!
Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken — This candy and bitter hen recipe takes simply 15 minutes to make and tastes approach higher than takeout. Excellent for a weeknight dinner!
Sheet Pan Ginger Orange Chicken and Vegetables – Quick, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with nice orange ginger taste!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s excellent for busy weeknights!!
Mandarin Chicken Stir Fry — An EASY Asian stir fry with tender hen, juicy oranges, and veggies!! Skip takeout and make this ONE skillet recipe that’s prepared in 15 minutes and excellent for busy weeknights!!
Initially posted February 15, 2016 and reposted January 10, 2020 with up to date textual content.