Sheet Pan Curry Rooster and Greens – An EASY Indian-inspired meal that’s prepared in 30 minutes, made on ONE pan, and nice for meal prep or busy weeknights!! There’s a lot CURRY FLAVOR in each chew!!
What’s In The Sheet Pan Curry Rooster and Greens?
I’m an enormous fan of sheet pan recipes as a result of the greens and protein prepare dinner collectively on one pan, making cleanup an absolute breeze.
Recipes like this one are excellent for busy weeknights and in our case, there’s usually a portion leftover which is nice for a piece or college lunch the following day.
The hen is flavorful and juicy, the potatoes are tender and simply soften in your mouth, and there’s the juicy crunch of the peppers and peas. The whole lot is flippantly seasoned with curry and it makes you retain going again for chew after chew of this naturally gluten-free meal.
For this recipe you’ll want:
- Olive oil
- Child Yukon Gold or pink potatoes
- Bell Pepper (pink, orange, or yellow)
- Rooster (boneless skinless breast)
- Curry powder (I used Madras curry powder, it’s not spicy; use your favourite by way of taste and warmth stage)
- Frozen peas
I needed so as to add extra greens, however my sheet pan was already full.
Subsequent time I could scale the potatoes again to a half pound relatively than a pound. However then once more, roasted potatoes in olive oil, particularly when it’s chilly out, are so comforting.
Relying on what sort of greens you will have available and revel in, be happy so as to add:
- Chickpeas (add them while you add the peas)
How To Make The Sheet Pan Curry
To the sheet pan, add the potatoes, pink peppers, drizzle with olive oil, and season with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes earlier than including the hen. The potatoes needs to be no less than midway cooked via earlier than you add the hen as a result of the hen will prepare dinner in 15 minutes.
Add the hen, season with further olive oil, curry, salt, pepper, return to the oven for about 15 minutes, or till hen is cooked via.
Add the peas, prepare dinner for a minute or two, and serve instantly.
This can be a nice meal prep recipe for the fridge or as a freezer meal if you wish to batch prepare dinner and have some ready within the freezer.
What Form Of Curry Powder To Use?
Curry powder varies a ton, by way of each the flavour profile and the extent of warmth depth. You will have to strive just a few completely different manufacturers earlier than discovering one that you just say, YES that is the one.
The Madras curry powder that I take advantage of will not be spicy and it’s not overpowering. It’s the in-store natural model that my native grocery retailer carries. I prefer it as a result of it permits the flavour of the meals to return via relatively than being suffocated in curry.
What If I Don’t Like Curry?
Should you or in case you have individuals in your home that don’t like curry, don’t fear.
It’s gained’t be ‘curry hen’ however you the spine of this recipe will end up deliciously with a beneficiant sprinkling of cumin, paprika, and smoked paprika. Rooster and potatoes beg for these sorts of seasonings.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 30 minutes
Whole Time 35 minutes
- 1 pound child Yukon Gold or pink potatoes, halved or quartered (err on the smaller relatively than bigger aspect)
- 1 giant bell pepper (pink, orange, or yellow), diced into 1-inch items
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to style; divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper, or to style; divided
- 2 to three teaspoons Madras curry powder, or to style
- 1.25 to 1.50 kilos boneless skinless hen breast, diced into small items
- 3/Four cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 425F (in case you have a convection oven, use it), line a sheet pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil if desired for simpler cleanup, spray with cooking spray; put aside.
- To the sheet pan, add the potatoes, peppers, evenly drizzle with Three tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, half teaspoon pepper, 1 to 1 half teaspoons curry powder, and toss together with your arms to coat evenly. Bake for about 15 minutes, or till the potatoes are no less than midway cooked via.
- Take away the pan from the oven, add the hen evenly across the pan, evenly drizzle with the remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, curry powder, and bake for a further 15 minutes, or till hen is cooked via and the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add the peas (I add them straight from the freezer and do not trouble to thaw upfront) and bake for 1 to 2 minutes, or till warmed via earlier than serving instantly. Recipe will hold hermetic within the fridge for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for as much as Four months.
Sheet Pan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Chicken – EASY, HEALTHY, and a good way to get pleasure from roasted candy potatoes in much less time!! A DELISH one-pan juicy hen dinner that’s prepared in 30 minutes with zero cleanup!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken – Quick, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with nice lemon pepper taste!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s excellent for busy weeknights!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple – Quick, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki taste!! Tender hen, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup!!
Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables – An EASY sheet pan hen dinner that’s prepared in 25 minutes!! Bonus that it’s SKINNY and has a lot FLAVOR from the lemon pepper!!
Harvest Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas – Quick, simple, HEALTHY, and an important recipe to strive as a meatless fundamental or as a satisfying plant-based lunch!! A lot FLAVOR within the veggies from the spices and the chickpeas flip crispy!!
Sheet Pan Ginger Orange Chicken and Vegetables – Quick, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with nice orange ginger taste!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s excellent for busy weeknights!!
Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage and Vegetables – A simple, one-pan recipe the entire household will love! Seasoned crisp-tender veggies, juicy sausage, and Parmesan cheese for the delish dinnertime win!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables – Quick, EASY, one pan recipe that’s stuffed with FLAVOR!! Juicy sausage, numerous veggies, and a dusting of Parmesan cheese to complete it off! Put it into your common rotation!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Fried Rice – Simple HEALTHIER “fried rice” that’s truly baked and never fried!! Stuffed with genuine taste and prepared sooner than you’ll be able to name for takeout!! Excellent for busy weeknights and a household FAVORITE!!
Sheet Pan Jambalaya – The EASIEST and BEST recipe for jambalaya you’ll ever style that’s prepared in 20 minutes!! Juicy sausage and shrimp with tender rice and the PERFECT quantity of kick will hold you going again for extra!!