A copycat recipe for the well-known Olive Backyard Salad full with juicy candy tomatoes, tangy pepperoncini peppers, savory black olives, salty Parmesan, sharp crimson onions, and garlicky croutons. The salad is wearing a do-it-yourself creamy Italian dressing (or seize the Olive Backyard dressing on the retailer).
We’re obsessive about this Olive Backyard copycat salad — it’s gentle, contemporary, wholesome, and loaded with taste. The Italian dressing is straightforward to make and stuffed with good-for-you components: olive oil, crimson wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and loads of herbs. It’s the proper pair for all of the veggies!
And the last word final touch to this salad is the garlicky croutons and freshly grated Parmesan cheese on high!
- Lettuce: whereas Olive Backyard makes use of iceberg lettuce combine, we prefer it finest with Romaine lettuce — both works!
- Purple Onion: when you’re delicate to the flavour of uncooked crimson onion, soak the onions in ice chilly water (with a pinch of salt) for 10 minutes. Drain totally and dry earlier than including to the salad.
- Pepperoncini: these are candy, delicate chili peppers, often bought pickled. They’re typically discovered by pickles, jarred crimson peppers, and jarred artichokes within the grocery retailer.
- Tomato: any good ripe tomatoes will work on this salad (bonus factors for backyard tomatoes — they’re one of the best!). We additionally like to make use of cherry tomatoes.
- Black Olives: we like them complete, however be at liberty to halve or thinly slice them.
- Croutons: Olive Backyard sells their croutons on the grocery retailer. These work nice on this salad, or any garlic-herb flavored croutons. You’ll be able to even make your own!
- Parmesan Cheese: I prefer to grate contemporary parmesan cheese on a microplane and add it to this Olive Backyard Salad.
- Solely add dressing, cheese, and croutons to the quantity of salad that shall be eaten the identical day you make it. The lettuce/veggies/croutons don’t sit properly with the dressing.
- Make forward: you may make every little thing for this Olive Backyard Salad forward of time, simply retailer every little thing (lettuce, salad components, dressing, croutons) individually. Toss all of it collectively proper earlier than consuming!
- Grating parmesan cheese: I extremely advocate grating the cheese on a microplane — it offers it an superior gentle texture which helps it disperse extra evenly all through the salad.
Extra scrumptious salad recipes:
Olive Backyard Salad
A copycat recipe for the well-known Olive Backyard Salad full with juicy candy tomatoes, tangy pepperonici peppers, savory black olives, salty Parmesan, sharp crimson onions, and garlicky croutons. The salad is wearing a do-it-yourself creamy Italian dressing (or seize the Olive Backyard dressing on the retailer).
olive backyard salad
Servings: 4 -6 servings (as a aspect)
Energy: 299 kcal
complete black olives
of 1 massive
very thinly sliced
complete pepperoncini peppers
garlic-herb flavored croutons
(store-bought or do-it-yourself)
crimson wine vinegar
1 and half of
granulated white sugar
good high quality full fats mayo
SALAD: Coarsely lower up the lettuce and wash and throughly dry (I really like a salad spinner for this step!) Place lettuce in a big bowl. High the salad with black olives, thinly sliced tomatoes, very thinly sliced crimson onion, and pepperoncini.
DRESSING: In a big mason jar add all of the dressing components: 1/Three cup crimson wine vinegar, 1 and half of teaspoon Dijon mustard, half of teaspoon dried oregano, half of teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon white sugar, half of cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons mayo, and salt & pepper to style (I add half of teaspoon salt and 1/Eight teaspoon pepper). Placed on the lid and shake to mix. It would take a minute of fine vigorous shaking, however the mayo ought to fully combine (maintain shaking till it does!) When you’ve got time, make this forward and chill within the fridge (intensifies flavors). Shake once more proper earlier than including.
ASSEMBLY: Proper earlier than consuming (Notice 1) toss the salad with the dressing (you most likely will not use all of the dressing, use what you need — Notice 2). Add the croutons and freshly grated Parmesan cheese proper on high and revel in instantly.
Notice 1: Solely add dressing, cheese, and croutons to the quantity of salad that shall be eaten the identical day you make it. The lettuce/veggies/croutons don’t sit properly with the dressing, the croutons will get soggy.
Notice 2: there’s loads of dressing! You’ll be able to halve it if you would like, however I prefer to make this full batch and apply it to different recipes all through the week. It can final 5-7 days saved in an hermetic container within the fridge.