Earlier than we start a brand new 12 months of Sally’s Baking Challenge, let’s take a second to understand all of the laborious work and energy you place into taking part this 12 months. From homemade bagels and truffles to vertical cake and caramel apples, you actually challenged your self in 2019. I’m completely FLOORED with the quantity of participation every month!
Thanks a lot for making the month-to-month baking challenges a lot enjoyable!!!
2019 Sally’s Baking Problem Evaluate
Click on on every hyperlink to view the problem recipe.
- January: Homemade Bagels
- February: Chocolate Truffles
- March: Lemon Bars
- April: Dinner Rolls
- Might: Scones
- June: Angel Food Cake
- July: No Bake Cheesecake Jars
- August: Vertical Cake
- September: Homemade Cheese Bread
- October: Caramel Apples
- November: Pumpkin Praline Pie
- December: Butter Cookies
There have been over 6,000 contributors this 12 months and Butter Cookies had probably the most! 2 muffins, three yeast recipes, candies, breakfast, pie, and a jar recipe– discuss a big selection!
JANUARY BAKING CHALLENGE
January 2020 Baking Problem: Homemade Artisan Bread
I really like beginning the brand new 12 months with a yeast bread problem! These challenges push you outdoors of your consolation zone and, often, the final suggestions is “that is means simpler than I assumed!” For instance, homemade bagels and cheese bread. This January we’re specializing in a staple bread recipe that I merely name “artisan bread.” Formed into an extended loaf or a boule (spherical loaf), this no knead bread requires solely four substances and zero particular gear. No dutch oven or particular pan wanted.
Everybody who participates within the January Baking Problem is mechanically entered. See under for Tips on how to Be part of Sally’s Baking Problem. My assistant and I preserve observe of your pictures and randomly choose 1 winner on the finish of the month. This giveaway is open to the entire world. Giveaway ends on January 30th 2020 at 5pm ET.
1 winner will obtain: $250 Amazon Present Card. Winner might be chosen at random and posted within the February Baking Problem weblog put up on January 31st 2020.
Tips on how to Be part of Sally’s Baking Problem
- Recipe: On or across the 1st of every month, I publish a brand new problem recipe. Join Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so that you’re alerted as quickly as a brand new problem recipe is printed!
- Bake & Remark: Bake the recipe throughout that month.
- Share: Share your recipe photograph utilizing #sallysbakingchallenge and tagging me (@sallysbakeblog) in your public Instagram or Twitter. (Instagram direct messages are laborious to trace, so please email me your recipe photograph as a substitute.) You too can email me your recipe photograph or add your recipe photograph to my Facebook page or Facebook group. By sharing your photograph with me, you’re mechanically entered within the giveaway. For a bonus entry, go away a evaluate on the problem recipe.
Need to subscribe? Join Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so that you’re alerted as quickly as a brand new problem recipe is printed.
Let’s Evaluate the December Baking Problem
December Baking Problem: Homemade Butter Cookies
Probably the most contributors in ANY baking problem recipe since its introduction in February 2017! 🙂 These butter cookies are a home made model of a Danish basic. Formed with a piping tip and embellished with sugar, sprinkles, chocolate, and/or cherries, these cookies have been EVERYWHERE in December. Susceptible to over-spreading, although, this wasn’t precisely the best problem recipe. Taking the additional steps to make use of the best instruments and chill the formed dough proved that even easy-sounding recipes require consideration and precision.
Considered one of my favourite feedback got here from reader Laurie:
“These cookies are very easy to make and so scrumptious! They’re completely buttery and crumbly- nice with espresso or sizzling chocolate. I extremely suggest dipping them in melted chocolate and including the sprinkles! Thanks, Sally- one other superior recipe!”
Giveaway winner for December is Jessica and she or he has been notified. 🙂