Simple Hen Fajita Rice Bowl made in ONE PAN! It’s a easy hen, black bean and rice Tex-Mex type dish that’s brimming with properly seasoned, contemporary taste. With it’s simplicity and satisfying taste it’s destined to develop into a brand new go-to dinner!
A Scrumptious Rice Bowl Recipe!
One Pan dinners are a few of my favorites. They’re a breeze to arrange, and clear up is what we want each dinner to be like, and when every thing cooks in a single pan all these flavors come collectively so completely – every ingredient seasoning the following.
One other favourite factor – Hen Fajitas. Up to now I’ve acquired Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas, Chicken Fajita Kebabs, and Chicken Fajita Soup so why not add one other into that rotation?
This easy one pan rice bowl doesn’t disappoint! It’s made with tender brown rice, lean protein-rich hen, crave-able Mexican spices and contemporary cilantro, mildly candy bell pepper, smokey fireplace roasted tomatoes, creamy black beans and melty cheese (as a result of who can resist just a little completion of cheese even when it’s not conventional to fajitas? Good improve).
It’s prone to develop into a kind of dinners even the children will request!
Substances Wanted for This One Pan Rice Bowl
I do know this does look like a frightening listing of substances however bear in mind this can be a one pan meal – aspect, veggie, protein all cooked collectively.
- Boneless skinless hen breasts – it’s also possible to use boneless skinless thighs right here if most popular. Add just a little further cook dinner time as wanted.
- Chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper – need to add extra spiced taste? Add in 1 tsp paprika and half tsp coriander along with these spices. That is additionally good with ancho chili powder rather than common.
- Olive oil – you’ll want a couple of tablespoons for cooking hen and greens in separate batches.
- Yellow onion – a crimson onion will work nice too.
- Garlic – I like garlic so I exploit Three cloves but when it’s not your favourite you may reduce.
- Bell peppers – I like to make use of a mix of three colours of bell peppers however you need to solely want about 2 giant when you don’t need to purchase 3. Be aware that any coloration will work simply be mindful crimson is essentially the most ripe and tastes the sweetest and appear to have essentially the most taste, orange/yellow medium sweetness, inexperienced very delicate sweetness much less taste.
- Low-sodium hen – this provides much more taste than the sometimes used water to cook dinner the rice does.
- Canned fireplace roasted tomatoes – fireplace roasted is a should. They’ve extra taste and work excellent on this recipe.
- Black beans – be sure you drain or the surplus liquid will throw off the recipe – and rinse to take away extra salt and mucky coloration.
- On the spot brown rice – who doesn’t love that fast cook dinner time? You could find this by the common rice at most shops.
- Lime – brightens up the dish. Persist with contemporary lime.
- Cilantro – one other key taste on this dish. Don’t skip it.
- Mexican cheese – shredded cheddar or Monterey jack will work nice too.
- Avocado and Mexican scorching sauce (optionally available) – I don’t all the time add avocado however the scorching sauce is a should for me.
Methods to Make Simple Hen Fajita Rice Bowls:
- Preheat pan: Warmth 1 Tbsp olive oil in non-stick 12-inch saute pan or deep skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Prepare dinner hen with spices: Add hen, season with 1 half tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin and salt and pepper. Prepare dinner tossing often till cooked by means of, about 7 minutes.
- Switch hen to a sheet of foil and wrap to maintain heat.
- Saute greens: Return skillet to medium-high warmth. Add remaining 1 half Tbsp olive oil then add onions and saute Three minutes.
- Add bell peppers and saute Three minutes longer, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add canned substances and spices, boil: Add in hen broth, tomatoes, black beans, remaining 1 tsp chili powder and half tsp cumin and season with salt and pepper to style. Deliver to a boil.
- Toss in rice, cowl and simmer: Add rice and toss properly to coat and submerge in liquid, cut back warmth to medium. Cowl let cook dinner 6 – 7 minutes.
- Relaxation off warmth: Take away from warmth, let relaxation 5 minutes. Stir in hen, lime juice, cheese and cilantro. Serve heat.
Can I Use White On the spot Rice?
Sure, the white on the spot rice will work nice too, simply cut back the rice cook dinner time by about half.
Does I Must Use On the spot Rice?
Sure, for this recipe with these cook dinner occasions and liquid to rice ratios I’d solely use fast on the spot rice right here. It cuts method down on cook dinner time anyway so it’s the way in which to go.
It’s Nice for Meal Prep
Not solely does this make a scrumptious dinner nevertheless it additionally is ideal for meal prep (it makes a lot so you may have it for dinner and certain some left for lunch). And if you wish to make it more healthy you may simply omit the cheese.
Methods to Retailer and Reheat
Retailer in an hermetic container (or a couple of containers for meal prep), then when able to serve reheat within the microwave on 50% energy, stirring often, till warmed by means of (which ought to take a couple of minutes).
Extra Scrumptious Bowl Recipes to Attempt
Hen Fajita Rice Bowls (One Pan)
Simple Hen Fajita Rice Bowls made in ONE PAN! It is a easy hen, black bean and rice Tex-Mex type dish that is brimming with properly seasoned, contemporary taste. With it is simplicity and satisfying taste it is destined to develop into a brand new go-to dinner!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 30 minutes
Complete Time 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless hen breasts, diced into 1-inch items
- Salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 2 half Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cup chopped bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2/3 cups low-sodium hen broth
- 1 (15 oz) can fireplace roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 half tsp chili powder
- 1 half tsp floor cumin
- 2 cups on the spot brown rice
- 1 half Tbsp contemporary lime juice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Warmth 1 Tbsp olive oil in non-stick 12-inch saute pan or deep skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add hen, season with 1 half tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin and salt and pepper. Prepare dinner tossing often till cooked by means of, about 7 minutes.
Switch hen to a sheet of foil and wrap to maintain heat.
Return skillet to medium-high warmth. Add remaining 1 half Tbsp olive oil then add onions and saute Three minutes.
Add bell peppers and saute Three minutes longer, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Add in hen broth, tomatoes, black beans, remaining 1 tsp chili powder and half tsp cumin and season with salt and pepper to style. Deliver to a boil (liquid ought to bubble up within the middle of pan not simply the perimeters).
Add rice and toss properly to coat and submerge in liquid, cut back warmth to medium. Cowl let simmer 6 – 7 minutes.
Take away from warmth, let relaxation 5 minutes. Stir in hen, lime juice, cheese and cilantro. Serve heat.
- For added spice taste it’s also possible to add 1 tsp paprika and half tsp floor coriander to the broth combination.
- Optionally you may serve with diced avocado or Mexican scorching sauce. In the event you love warmth it’s also possible to saute a diced jalapeno with the bell peppers.
Hen Fajita Rice Bowls (One Pan)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 676 Energy from Fats 180
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 6g38%
Ldl cholesterol 111mg37%
Vitamin A 4543IU91%
Vitamin C 155mg188%
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.