Straightforward Rooster Fajita Rice Bowl made in ONE PAN! It’s a easy hen, black bean and rice Tex-Mex type dish that’s brimming with nicely seasoned, contemporary taste. With it’s simplicity and satisfying taste it’s destined to turn out to be a brand new go-to dinner!
On the lookout for less difficult rice bowl dinner inspiration? Additionally attempt my One Pan Creamy Chicken and Rice, One Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice and this take-out impressed Chicken Fried Rice.
A Scrumptious Rice Bowl Recipe!
One Pan dinners are a few of my favorites. They’re a breeze to arrange, and clear up is what we want each dinner to be like, and when the whole lot cooks in a single pan all these flavors come collectively so completely – every ingredient seasoning the following.
One other favourite factor – Rooster Fajitas. To this point I’ve acquired Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas, Chicken Fajita Kebabs, and Chicken Fajita Soup so why not add one other into that rotation?
This straightforward one pan rice bowl doesn’t disappoint! It’s made with tender brown rice, lean protein-rich hen, crave-able Mexican spices and contemporary cilantro, mildly candy bell pepper, smokey fireplace roasted tomatoes, creamy black beans and melty cheese (as a result of who can resist slightly of entirety of cheese even when it’s not conventional to fajitas? Excellent improve).
It’s more likely to turn out to be a type of dinners even the youngsters will request!
Substances Wanted for This One Pan Rice Bowl
I do know this does seem to be a frightening record of substances however bear in mind this can be a one pan meal – aspect, veggie, protein all cooked collectively.
- Boneless skinless hen breasts – it’s also possible to use boneless skinless thighs right here if most popular. Add slightly additional cook dinner time as wanted.
- Chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper – wish to add extra spiced taste? Add in 1 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp coriander along with these spices. That is additionally good with ancho chili powder rather than common.
- Olive oil – you’ll want a number of tablespoons for cooking hen and greens in separate batches.
- Yellow onion – a crimson onion will work nice too.
- Garlic – I really like garlic so I take advantage of Three cloves but when it’s not your favourite you may in the reduction of.
- Bell peppers – I like to make use of a mix of three colours of bell peppers however you need to solely want about 2 giant when you don’t wish to purchase 3. Notice that any colour will work simply take note crimson is probably the most ripe and tastes the sweetest and appear to have probably the most taste, orange/yellow medium sweetness, inexperienced very gentle sweetness much less taste.
- Low-sodium hen – this provides much more taste than the sometimes used water to cook dinner the rice does.
- Canned fireplace roasted tomatoes – fireplace roasted is a should. They’ve extra taste and work excellent on this recipe.
- Black beans – make sure you drain or the surplus liquid will throw off the recipe – and rinse to take away extra salt and mucky colour.
- On the spot brown rice – who doesn’t love that fast cook dinner time? You will discover this by the common rice at most shops.
- Lime – brightens up the dish. Stick to contemporary lime.
- Cilantro – one other key taste on this dish. Don’t skip it.
- Mexican cheese – shredded cheddar or Monterey jack will work nice too.
- Avocado and Mexican sizzling sauce (optionally available) – I don’t all the time add avocado however the sizzling sauce is a should for me.
How you can Make Straightforward Rooster Fajita Rice Bowls:
- Preheat pan: Warmth 1 Tbsp olive oil in non-stick 12-inch saute pan or deep skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Cook dinner hen with spices: Add hen, season with 1 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin and salt and pepper. Cook dinner tossing sometimes till cooked by means of, about 7 minutes.
- Switch hen to a sheet of foil and wrap to maintain heat.
- Saute greens: Return skillet to medium-high warmth. Add remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil then add onions and saute Three minutes.
- Add bell peppers and saute Three minutes longer, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add canned substances and spices, boil: Add in hen broth, tomatoes, black beans, remaining 1 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp cumin and season with salt and pepper to style. Convey to a boil.
- Toss in rice, cowl and simmer: Add rice and toss nicely to coat and submerge in liquid, cut back warmth to medium. Cowl let cook dinner 6 – 7 minutes.
- Relaxation off warmth: Take away from warmth, let relaxation 5 minutes. Stir in hen, lime juice, cheese and cilantro. Serve heat.
Can I Use White On the spot Rice?
Sure, the white instantaneous rice will work nice too, simply cut back the rice cook dinner time by about half.
Does I Must Use On the spot Rice?
Sure, for this recipe with these cook dinner occasions and liquid to rice ratios I’d solely use fast instantaneous rice right here. It cuts means down on cook dinner time anyway so it’s the best way to go.
It’s Nice for Meal Prep
Not solely does this make a scrumptious dinner nevertheless it additionally is ideal for meal prep (it makes lots so you may have it for dinner and certain some left for lunch). And if you wish to make it more healthy you may simply omit the cheese.
How you can Retailer and Reheat
Retailer in an hermetic container (or a number of containers for meal prep), then when able to serve reheat within the microwave on 50% energy, stirring sometimes, till warmed by means of (which ought to take a couple of minutes).
Extra Scrumptious Bowl Recipes to Attempt
Rooster Fajita Rice Bowls (One Pan)
Straightforward Rooster Fajita Rice Bowls made in ONE PAN! It is a easy hen, black bean and rice Tex-Mex type dish that is brimming with nicely seasoned, contemporary taste. With it is simplicity and satisfying taste it is destined to turn out to be a brand new go-to dinner!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 30 minutes
Complete Time 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless hen breasts, diced into 1-inch items
- Salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cup chopped bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2/3 cups low-sodium hen broth
- 1 (15 oz) can fireplace roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp floor cumin
- 2 cups instantaneous brown rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp contemporary lime juice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Warmth 1 Tbsp olive oil in non-stick 12-inch saute pan or deep skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add hen, season with 1 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin and salt and pepper. Cook dinner tossing sometimes till cooked by means of, about 7 minutes.
Switch hen to a sheet of foil and wrap to maintain heat.
Return skillet to medium-high warmth. Add remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil then add onions and saute Three minutes.
Add bell peppers and saute Three minutes longer, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Add in hen broth, tomatoes, black beans, remaining 1 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp cumin and season with salt and pepper to style. Convey to a boil (liquid ought to bubble up within the middle of pan not simply the perimeters).
Add rice and toss nicely to coat and submerge in liquid, cut back warmth to medium. Cowl let simmer 6 – 7 minutes.
Take away from warmth, let relaxation 5 minutes. Stir in hen, lime juice, cheese and cilantro. Serve heat.
- For extra spice taste it’s also possible to add 1 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp floor coriander to the broth combination.
- Optionally you may serve with diced avocado or Mexican sizzling sauce. Should you love warmth it’s also possible to saute a diced jalapeno with the bell peppers.
Rooster Fajita Rice Bowls (One Pan)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 676 Energy from Fats 180
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 6g38%
Ldl cholesterol 111mg37%
Vitamin A 4543IU91%
Vitamin C 155mg188%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.