This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure policy.
A straightforward one pan oven baked gnocchi & greens with a scrumptious Italian-inspired seasoning combine and elective cilantro-herb sauce. This dinner is simple, wholesome, and filling!
It’s no secret we’re obsessive about roasted vegetables and one pan dinners, so I’m excited to share one other recipe with loads of veggies AND just one dish so that you can clear up after. 🙂 If you happen to’ve not tried gnocchi earlier than, it’s one among our favorites. In Italian cooking, gnocchis are basically small “dumplings” normally constructed from potatoes and flour. Do-it-yourself gnocchi with a hearty marinara or meat sauce is one among my favourite meals, nevertheless it’s additionally considerably time consuming to make.
So, as we speak we’re grabbing retailer purchased gnocchi (nonetheless scrumptious) and pairing it with roasted veggies in a easy meal made on one sheet pan. And in the event you’re actually into sauces along with your gnocchi or veggies, I’ve additionally made this a couple of instances with an herby cilantro sauce that I’m sharing the recipe for as we speak as properly. So let’s get began!
Tips on how to make baked gnocchi
- Prep veggies: lower your entire veggies to uniform sizes for even roasting. This implies: zucchini in half inch thick half moons, half inch chunks of crimson pepper and crimson onion, and quartered or halved mushrooms relying on their measurement.
- Make seasoning combine: toss collectively all the spices in a small bowl OR simply throw them proper on prime of your sheet pan!
- Bake: toss the veggies & gnocchi in seasoning combine and oil, unfold into a fair layer, and bake!
- Prime: proper out of the oven you’ll add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and if desired, an herby sauce to this baked gnocchi.
- Change up veggies: so long as the veggies can prepare dinner round 20 minutes, you need to use them on this dinner. Some concepts: chopped asparagus, chopped yellow onion, chopped broccoli florets, quartered brussels sprouts. This chart is useful for extra concepts!
- Change up the gnocchi: this recipe requires frozen potato gnocchi, however we’ve additionally examined it with Dealer Joe’s well-known cauliflower gnocchi. The cauliflower model works properly on this dish though tasters did want potato gnocchi. (No must thaw it or something earlier than including!) 🙂 Moreover, we’ve examined this with shelf steady gnocchi and it additionally works nice. (Tasters nonetheless want frozen for taste!)
- Completely different sauce: whereas this baked gnocchi actually can stand by itself with parmesan cheese, the cilantro sauce is a scrumptious addition. It’s also possible to serve this with a hearty marinara sauce if desired.
Baked gnocchi recipe ideas
- Use a LARGE sheet pan: the more room the greens have (the much less crowded they’re) the higher they roast within the oven. When greens are overlapping on a sheet pan, they find yourself steaming as an alternative of roasting. This will make them style soggy not deliciously caramelized. I like to recommend utilizing a this 15×21 inch sheet pan (affiliate hyperlink) for this baked gnocchi recipe.
- Grate the parmesan cheese with a microplane. It offers it the proper texture and melts superbly into the veggies and gnocchi.
- Lower the veggies into even sizes for even roasting: if the sizes of the veggies differ lots, you’ll doubtless get some crispy veggies whereas others are burned. (See how to cut a bell pepper as a further useful resource.)
Less difficult one pan dinners:
One Pan Oven Baked Gnocchi & Veggies
A straightforward one pan oven baked gnocchi & greens with a scrumptious seasoning combine and elective cilantro-herb sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
Energy: 183 kcal
(2 cups), chopped
(2 and half cups), sliced into half-moons
child bella mushrooms,
halved or quartered relying on measurement
crimson bell pepper
(1 heaping cup), chopped
package deal (16 ounces)
frozen potato gnocchi,
raw and no must thaw
dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
onion powder, dried thyme, candy paprika
crimson pepper flakes,
- Effective sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optionally available: cilantro sauce or marinara sauce: see notes
PREP THE VEGGIES: Preheat the oven to 425 levels F. Chop the crimson onion into half inch items, slice the zucchinis in half after which half once more to get half moons, half or quarter the mushrooms relying on measurement (quarter massive ones and half smaller ones), and chop the crimson pepper into half inch items.
ADD TO SHEET PAN: add all of the lower veggies to a big (full measurement; 26 x 18 inch) sheet pan or 2 half sheet pans. Add the gnocchi to the pan. Drizzle the olive oil over all the pieces after which add all the seasonings: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, candy paprika, crimson pepper flakes (if desired), and salt & pepper to style. I add half teaspoon salt and 1/Four teaspoon pepper, however add to desire, noting that the parmesan cheese additionally provides some saltiness. Toss till all the pieces is properly coated after which unfold all the pieces into a fair layer so no veggies/gnocchi is overlapping.
BAKE: Bake for 10 minutes after which take away, flip and stir ensuring all the pieces nonetheless stays in 1 even layer. Return to the oven for an additional 8-13 minutes or till veggies are cooked to desired desire (we like them round 10 minutes). Take away from the oven. Grate parmesan cheese proper on prime (I like utilizing a microplane to get finely grated cheese) after which style for any further salt if wanted. Serve scorching. If desired, add spoonfuls of herb-y cilantro sauce on prime (see notes).
We love this meal as is, however in the event you’re somebody that likes sauces, we have additionally tried it with a couple of spoonfuls of marinara and this cilantro sauce. To make the elective cilantro sauce: mix the next in a meals processor and pulse till mixed: 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon minced shallot, 1 cup (loosely packed) coarsely chopped cilantro leaves, 1 and half tablespoons crimson wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/Four cup olive oil, 1/Four teaspoon crimson pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to style (I take advantage of half teaspoon salt and 1/Four teaspoon pepper).